Saturday, November 22, 2008

Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms

Tonight we had a bunch of friends over and played games. We had tons of fun. Well everybody always brings food of some sort. So, tonight my treat was stuffed mushrooms and homemade pretzels. We won't talk about the pretzels but the mushrooms were delicious! I just thought I'd share the recipe. It's so easy and so GOOD!!

Bacon-Stuffed Mushrooms

1 package (8oz) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup real bacon bits
1 tbsp chopped green onion ( I used a little more)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1 pound whole fresh mushrooms, stems removed

In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Stir in bacon, onion, and garlic powder. Spoon into mushroom caps. Place on ungreased broiler pan. Broil 4-6 minutes or until heated through. Serve warm.

Yield: about 2 dozen

These were so delicous and so easy. Hunter even liked them. I would recommend using a little bit smaller of a mushroom but they are still delicious even if they're big. Enjoy!!!

3 comments:

Gwen said...

They sound relly good.

Krystal said...

Well no offence but that doesn't sound good to me..I hate mushrooms

Suzie Koskella said...

I wish I had the will to cook like you! Wow that is amazing!