Thursday, March 3, 2011

My First Sewing Project


For Christmas this last year I decided to try and save a little money by making my own gifts. Well with the help of my friend Allie, she let me borrow everything I needed (which really was everything, cuz I didn't have my own machine or anything to go with it.) and to my friend Dorothy and her mother (who are avid sewers) and a phone call or two to my famous Aunt Ree (who inherited ALL of my grandma walker's sewing talents) I did it! I made centerpieces that go with the holidays. I did them so they are two sided to all you had to do it flip them over for the next holiday. It really wasn't as horrific as I thought it would be, once I figured out what I was doing. And most of all I was proud of my self for doing it on my own. Dorothy and her mother really didn't even help me physically do them. They talked me through everything and I did it on my own but they were sitting right there for any and all help I may need. I can't thank them enough for it either.

This is just the reverse sides to show them. They turned out pretty good if I ask myself. Just don't look to close or you might find they really aren't perfect. :)

1 comments:

Gwen said...

They look good to me. Loved the pics and the updates on the children. They are growing up so fast and are so precious. Time just passes to fast. Love you.