Thursday, October 23, 2008

Island Park...Part 2

John took us on a 12 mile 4-wheeler ride to the top of the mountain. It was so fun but it sure did get cold at the top. It was so windy too. I thought I was going to blow right off the top, luckily I didn't. There were 3 4-wheelers and so Josh and I were on one and then Mom & Dad on one, and hten John, Jamie, and Aliina on the other.

This is Josh and I at the top. Lake Henry behind us.

Lake Henry from the top of the mountain.

The farthest patch of green before the wheat, grain area is where our cabin was. So you can get an idea of how far up the mountain we were. It was definatly very high up but the view was absolutly gorgeous. It definatly reminded me of God's wonderful creation that we all too often for get being here in our little "city" world. I love the mountains and the wonderful feeling you get when your there. It's just so peaceful and so nice to get away from the "world". We had an absolutly wonderful time! Thanks to Dad for putting it together for us. We love you!!!

4 comments:

The Brann's said...

That trip looks like tons of fun. We need to plan a get together soon!!

The Brann's said...

Somehow I didn't subsribe, so I have to comment again just to make sure I don't miss anyone elses comments!!

Jami said...

wow that's really pretty!

Gwen said...

It looks like that is a great place to go, and sounds like you hada great time. Cute pictures.