Monday, September 21, 2009

Albertson's

Here's my ordeal, tell me if I'm wrong. So, Albertson's had this sale going Friday-Sunday for ground beef for 1.88 lb. Great deal for beef, right? Well Josh went in on Saturday night about 8:30 and of course the butcher had left at 8. Well they were all out of ground beef and so the kid working in the butcher shop told Josh he would leave a note for the butcher (josh explained that we don't shop on Sunday's) and Josh told him he want 10-1lb packages. The guy said sure we'll get that done for you, stop by on Monday and pick it up. So I went in tonight to pick it up. They had it all ready and everything. I told them thank you so very much you guys are awesome. Went paid for my order and left. I got home and realized I had not pulled out any meat for dinner. (light bulb comes on) I have just put fresh beef in the freezer. Hurry pull it out and looked at the pounds it was. .98 sounds great for dinner. Then look at the price-$2.99/lb!!! I couldn't believe it. I didn't notice when I checked out that the price was too much cuz Hunter was crying and I was trying to deal with him and check out all at the same time. Call Albertson's and the meat department had no sympathy for their mistake. The guy pretty much just said that's too bad nothing we can do about it. His manager will be in and I will be calling her to see what she can do for me. I am not a happy camper! 2.99 vs 1.88.

AM I WRONG HERE?

4 comments:

pie said...

I believe the store should honor the sale price especially since the butcher was not in when you originally went to make the purchase. I hope you get reimbursed.

Gwen said...

You are not wrong, they should have done it for the sale price.

Tamara said...

i love you jen, but i don't agree with it. all albertsons butcher blocks close before the actual store closes. Burley does, and I know for a fact poky does because Kendra worked for them for a while. while i understand your not shopping on sunday, it isn't really a good excuse for a company to honor a price after the sale because of someones beliefs. sorry hun, that's just my two pennies.

Anonymous said...

should have asked for a rain check... would make it easier for them to know that it should have been cheaper.
Shanyn