Friday, September 11, 2009

May we always remember...



What were you doing on Sept. 11, 2001? I think this is one of the most memorable moments for anyone in this generation. I have a feeling that before the 2nd coming (sorry for those who share diff religious beliefs, but remember it's my blog) things will get much worse and sadly this will be a sad but small incident we remember in our lives.

I remember this day very well. I was a sophomore in high school (which i'm pretty sure was just yesterday) and in the mornings we didn't ever watch tv and very rarely did we listen to the radio. I remember getting to school and everybody was in an uproar and my first class was history with Mr. Taylor (who I hated) and I remember walking in to class and all we did was watch the news. We watched tv all week it seemed. It was such a sad event and we lost so many.

I am so grateful to live in this free country and for the freedoms that we enjoy and I'm so grateful to those who serve our country so that we can continue to enjoy our freedom. My brother being one of those great men-he is supposed to be coming home from Iraq in November (but this is the government, so we'll see) and I can't wait to see him. I miss him like crazy!

God Bless America!

2 comments:

Teeters said...

I sure remember that day!!! And I understand missing your bother like crazy! I miss mine too, but he's in a much safer place during much different things than yours is. I can't imagine if Daren was in Iraq. I'm just glad he's as safe as a missionary can be.

Gwen said...

I to am so grateful for the freedom we enjoy.