Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Hunter's 4th Birthday

Josh and I decided that Hunter could have a friend party this year. In the past we have done family with a few friends. I was feeling guilty too because I was doing the St. Luke's Women's Race, on his birthday and didn't want him to feel left out on his birthday. We invited a few friends to go bowling with us. I made a cute bowling pin invitation (that I didn't take a pic of).

This is the whole group that came to spoil Hunter at his party. L-R-Landen, Hailey, Hunter, Cole, Ali, and Dylan. (I hope I got the twins right)

Hunter bowling

These are supposed to be bowling pin cupcakes. The book looks much better than the real thing. It was kind of hard because the cupcakes and donut holes I used are not all equally proportionate. And the fruit roll ups that we bought were not regular ones, they were design ones so they don't have straight lines like they are supposed to. They started melting on the way to the bowling alley, so they were kinda messy, but the kids loved them!

Hunter opening up his presents. He loved everything he got and he definitely got spoiled!

In the group picture, Hunter is holding a bowling pin. Yes, it's a real pin. The guy at the bowling alley, Ron, knew it was his birthday (and it was the same day as Ron's brothers). He said he wanted to give Hunter something for his birthday and wanted to know if I wanted the party date on it or his actual birthday. I had no idea what he was giving him so I didn't know what would be best, so I told him to decide. A few minutes later, Ron comes back and has his hands behind his back. He told Hunter he wanted to give him a present and to hold his hands out. Then he put the bowling pin in Hunter's hands. Hunter was right up against me so I didn't see his face but Heather and Lisa said it was priceless. Hunter loves his bowling pin and thinks he is the coolest kid on the block because he has it.

P.S. those pins are heavier than you think!

Hunter had family over on his birthday to help celebrate his special day. He had Grandpa & Grandma Alvey, Grandma King (we missed Grandpa King), Krystal, Reed, Great Grandpa & Grandma Mathews, and Becky. The girls all did the race that morning and then we came home and had sandwiches and chips for lunch and he got to open his presents from everyone.

He had a fantastic day and we are grateful for our friends and family who got to share in his special day.

1 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I love the cupcakes, they look great!