Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Newport Beach, California, Part 2

While we were here we went to church. It was fast & Testimony meeting because the week before was General Conference. I've never been to another church that I was visiting family at so I was a little nervous. I know the Gospel is always the same so that helped. I was more nervous about how Hunter would do going to Primary with people he didn't know, but he did great!

Testimony meeting was quite entertaining. There was a kid passing the sacrament and right in the middle of passing he got a text so he pulled his phone out and checked his text...all while passing the sacrament.

The executive secretary (I think), jumped over the pew instead of walking around to get in and out of his seat. It was very odd.

The funniest thing though was this lady bearing her testimony. Her testimony wasn't funny but while she is in the middle of a sentence she spots someone in the audience and says, Dan is that you? and is pointing to someone in the audience. Then she proceeds to have a conversation with this man. They apparently had both recently lost their dads and she talked about how heaven gained to spiritual giants. Maybe this is a California kind of thing to do but in Idaho, we don't have conversations over the pulpit. The funnier thing was...she was visiting from I think Texas.

2 comments:

pie said...

Seriously, that sacrament meeting was so funny!

Johnson Family said...

I am still laughing, I would always remember that for sure.