Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!!!

This might be a long one-

A little story-So, I got off work today about 2:30. I had to run to Rite-Aid to get Hunter some milk so that he doesn't run out on Christmas day (cuz that would be the end of his world). I don't know the story of events before I got to the checkout, but here's what happend once I got to the checkout line. There is a dad with a little boy who was maybe 4 or 5, 6 at the oldest. The first thing I hear the dad say is, you're not going to get Christmas if you don't behave. Now, I know as parents, we tend to use that threat to children, but this guy was extremly rude about it. They kept walking outside and the whole time this little boy keeps saying no, no and is just bawling. I don't know what he did to make his dad upset, but dad was very rude. Just as they got outside, the store door hadn't closed all the way and I heard that dad say, you are so embarrasing! He put the boy in the car and dad stood outside the car and had a cigarette. I felt so bad for this little boy! I understand that as parents and as a child things happen, and sometimes we don't always make mom and dad happy. But for this dad to tell his son that he is so embarrasing! It broke my heart. I know that my son sometimes has a little temper tantrum in the store, and yes people look at you and stare at you, but I could never tell my child they are embarrasing.

On a happier note-I am so thankful this Christmas season for all the wonderful blessing I have. I have too many to count! I am so greatful for my little family. We may not be very big yet, but we sure do have a lot of love! I love Hunter so much. He is such a joy and adds so much life to our family. He is getting so big and growing so fast and learning so much. I usually try and be 10 steps ahead and I'm usually 5 behind him. He adds so much to our family and we couldn't live without him.

I'm so thankful for my husband and all that he does for me. He is so great and makes me feel so loved. He is such a hard worker and tries so hard to make everything perfect for me. I love him so much!

I'm so greatful for family! Mine and Josh's-My family is so wonderful. They make me smile. I'm so thankful that I could marry into the family I did. They have taken me in as one of their own and I love them so much and couldn't ask for better in-laws. They're amazing!

I'm so thankful for the gospel of Jesus Christ! I'm so greatful to my Savior who died on the cross and suffered for me. What an amazing gift! Definatley one of the greatest gifts we could ask for! I'm so glad that I can spend eternity with my family and I love them dearly!

I hope everyone has a safe and Merry Chirstmas!!!

1 comments:

pie said...

That story breaks my heart. I sometimes thing people forget for a moment what a precious gift their children are to them.
Merry Christmas to you and your family. We hope it brings lots of love and laughter.