Saturday, September 25, 2010

I SURVIVED!!!

It's true, I survived the 5k. It wasn't too bad. It was a little rough on the uphill part but not too bad. My mother-in-law and I jogged about the first 2 blocks and a little right at the end and then we walked fast the rest of it. We aren't sure on our exact finish time yet (they post the times on wednesday) but we think it was about 45 min. My ankles are a little sore and my hip (I have bad hips) but other than that and being a little tired it wasn't too bad. Thanks to Krystal for encouraging me to do it. It really is quite a site to see 13,000 women running, jogging, walking, strolling for such a great cause. There was even a lady with 1 leg and crutches who RAN the race. She was in the red wave with us and she totally kicked mom and I's butt. Very impressive! We're definitely make this a new tradition. Although, I think next year I will get in a little better shape for it. :) And mom, Krystal, Lisa, and I all had the same shoes, cuz we're that cool.

Sorry, no pics. They will be on facebook once Krystal loads them. I didn't have my camera just her.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

Great job!!! Love you