Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Steal of a deal


So these are the cupcakes I'm going to attempts to make for Hunter's little birthday party we are doing this weekend. They won't turn out quite the same I'm sure but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Anyways, to the real reason of the post:
I saw this cupcake holder when I found these cupcakes (obviously, cuz this is the exact thing I found the first time) and I fell in love with it. It's just so cute and simple and fun. They are made by Wilton, I'm sure there are other companys but, this was by far my favorite design. They make them in a smaller size that holds 13 cupcakes. I didn't want a 13 holder, I wanted the one in the pic, a 23 count hold. I couldn't find the darn thing anywhere but online. Everywhere on line it was like $30 plus shipping and handling. I wasn't going to pay $40-$50 for a darn cupcake holder. So, I finally found one at Michaels. They are my life saver! They had one for $29.99 which was still more than I wanted to pay for but I've had my heart set on it for sometime and so I broke down and went to buy it. It was the only thing I bought, I got to the counter and the lady said $15 and whatever the cents was! She scanned a coupon she had for 50% off!!! SWEET! So, I paid my $15 and went along my merry way. It was truly the highlight of my day. It made me so happy. To put it into perspective: The 13 count holders are between $12-$15. Talk about a steal of a deal! It made my day. Okay, enough rambling!

4 comments:

pie said...

Those cupcakes are so cute. They will turn out well I know. I have the 13 holder as I received it as a gift. My sister has the larger size and she always does cute creations. In fact she just did princess cupcakes for my nieces birthday. They are a great alternative to having cake I think.

Gwen said...

You'll do great on the cupcakes. Becky has a 23 holder. It doiesn't seem like Hunter should already be a year old. wow! how time flies.

The Brann's said...

You're a lucky duck to get such a great deal!! I think the cupcakes are a very cute idea. His party will be such fun!!

Krystal said...

Way cute....can't wait ot see the cupcakes this weekend, and Hunter....and I guess you adn Josh also. J/K I love you it going to be tons of fun!!!!