Saturday, May 16, 2009

Cooking for 2/Planned Overs

Along with moving we have also changed wards. We really like our new ward. It's really small compared to what we are used to and there a little bit more older people in it but I really like it. Anyways, this Tuesday is enrichment night. It's call KISS night-Keep It Simple Sisters. Anyways, some how or another I opened my big mouth and the lady in the relief society presidency that is over enrichment found out I like to cook. :) So, I am teaching a class Tuesday on Cooking for 2/planned overs. The cooking for 2 part isn't too difficult since that's what I do all the time. Although any ideas are more than welcome. I have to give a 15 min presentation. Planned overs is a little confusing. Let me explain-this is how Laura explained it-when she makes spaghetti she makes a little extra sauce because she has a recipe called like Mexicorn lasagna or something like that, that also calls for spaghetti sauce. So she makes extra so she doesn't have to do it 2 times. Another example-when I make my pulled pork we will sometimes use the leftovers for shredded pork burritos the next day. If anybody has any great ideas for either of these topics, I'm open for suggetions!

2 comments:

pie said...

Oh, you are going to do excellent! I wish I could come to your class. Do you have a Costco/Sam's Club near you? My boss does a planned over where she buys a rotisserie chicken there for her and her husband. Then she makes three meals out of it. 1) Pulls of some meat and eats it with a carb and vegetable. 2)Shreds some for chicken tacos or burritos. 3) Chops the leftover chicken and adds mayo, cashews, celery and grapes for chicken salad sandwiches. It is great because the chicken is so big yet inexpensive. I will try to think of other things.

Gwen said...

I'msure you will do a great job.