Saturday, May 9, 2009

KFC

We've had quite the run around with this company lately. I don't know if any of you have had problems with this world wide promotion they are doing but it doesn't seem likes it's working so well for them. We got our coupons from Oprah.com and printed them off for our 2 pcs. free grilled chicken meal. Josh tried using his the other day for his lunch and it didn't work! They informed him that it MUST be color because we can't see the watermark on it otherwise (which, for their info, yes you can). Well being my wonderful husband, he was a little perterbed about this. He didn't find it fair that we don't have a color printer and felt that it was very discriminatory. So he sent them a fine little letter telling them how he felt about it. So, I had gotten 2 colored ones from a lady I work with. We went to 2 different locations today and they had a sign posted saying we are sorry for the incovince but we will not be able to honor these coupons today but would be happy to give you a rain check. We went up to the counter cuz we were at one that was a KFC/A & W. Josh asked them if they ran out of chicken and the lady was like we'll for that promotion we did but we still have the grilled chicken available. Well if you still have it available then you should be able to honor the coupon for our free meal! Needless to say we don't plan on eating a KFC anymore. We have had the run around with them and this free meal and we don't feel that they deserve our business! (and we're not the only ones who have had problems with this either)

2 comments:

Johnson Family said...

I got the meal the day after I printed it off. I did get to KFC right when it opened that morning. It was a full meal with small pieces of chicken, but I ended up spending seven dollars to get drinks for everybody, because it didn't come with one. I have seen the troubles on the news and everybody I have talked to here in our small town have been able to use theirs. I am sorry about your troubles and I think I would tend to agree with you. I have had run ins with our WalMart, so they get alot less of my money!!!! Why push the coupon on a national tv show and not make sure there is enough or give something else.

Tamara said...

I never eat at KFC, but in their defense corporations often times do things like this. Like my corporation; people make reservations online or through the 800 number and are offered promotions that we have nothing to do with. A lot of corporation confusion has many stipulations that they don't disclose to the public and are in their terms and conditions. It doesn't make it right, but unfortunately it happens a lot.